Community Support Worker for Ukrainian Refugees (Part Time)
Job Title: Community Support Worker
Overall Purpose of the Job: To work with the Centre’s Voluntary Board of Management and the Project Co-ordinator to support & facilitate the inclusion and integration of the new Ukrainian community by building connection, relationships and social networks through a community development approach.
Key Areas of Work
· Promote and support target group engagement and involvement in the Centre
· Engagement and support of the Ukrainian community through a programme of social activities and community initiatives
· Consultation with the Ukrainian community and local community members and volunteers in planning and delivering activities and initiatives that promote inclusion, participation and empowerment
· Promote, support and encourage community involvement and community leadership among members of the Ukrainian community
· Work cooperatively with locally based groups and organisations in effectively responding to the needs of the Ukrainian community
· Be guided by the assets and needs within both the Westport and Ukrainian communities
· Support and empower members of the Ukrainian community to be able to respond to their own needs through a process of capacity building and empowerment
· Work from a person centred, human rights-based approach at all times
· Identify any issues that may lead to disadvantage, marginalisation or social exclusion and work with the Voluntary Board of Management and the Co-ordinator to raise awareness of these issues
· Ensure that the vision and values of the Family Resource Centre are upheld in the course of the work at all times
Specific areas of work
· Support the community and volunteer response in Westport town
· Create a plan and programme of work to support inclusion and integration of the new Ukrainian community
· Set out timelines, milestones and targets as part of an agreed plan with the Co-ordinator and the local volunteer response
· Liaise with key representatives from the Ukrainian community, and locally operating groups and organisations working to support them and their needs
· Provide information, advice and support; sign-posting and making referrals as appropriate
· Identify and develop peer support/ community/ interest groups being led by the needs and voices of the beneficiaries
· Support and facilitate links and relationships between members of the Ukrainian community, newly arriving refugees and the local community and volunteers
· Identify and provide information on social, community and recreational groups and clubs and support participation and involvement in them
· Work closely and supportively with Westport Welcomes Ukraine in the areas of group development, planning, administration and governance
· Work with the relevant agencies and organisations to facilitate inter-agency co-operation to address the needs of the target group
· Work with the Co-ordinator to identify funding sources, make applications and liaise with funding agencies as required
· Participate in interagency forums as relevant and necessary to the role
· Participate in planning, review and evaluation of the work of the Centre
· Document the work and relevant data on an on-going basis and prepare regular work / progress reports for the Voluntary Board of Management and the Project Co-ordinator
· Participate in any relevant training
· Any other tasks that may be assigned by the Project from time-to-time
Other Relevant Information
Hours of Work
· The post will be part- time – 21 hours per week
· The hours of work will be 9.00 to 13.00 hrs and 14.00 to 17.00 hrs, between the days of Monday to Friday as agreed with the Voluntary Board of Management and Project Co-ordinator. The Community Support Worker will be expected to be flexible about evening and weekend work for which overtime will not be paid but time-off-in-lieu will be granted.
· The contract will be temporary, part-time, for a minimum of 12 months and subject to continued funding.
· A three month probation period will apply.
The Community Support Worker will report and be responsible to the Project Co-ordinator and the Voluntary Board of Management.
The salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience
and no less than €35,254 (pro rata)
There is no provision for pension as this is a short-term, temporary contract.
The Community Support Worker will be expected to observe confidentiality at all times in relation to the business of the Family Resource Centre and the people we support.
17 days per annum (in a 12 month period) plus public holidays.
The position is subject to the completion of a satisfactory Garda Vetting process.
Community Support Worker for Ukrainian Refugees
Community Support Worker
Name of Employer:
Westport Family & Community
This Person Specification
· Experience working with refugees /
· A working knowledge of the Ukrainian
· Access to own transport
Applications will only be accepted on the official Job Application Form and should be received by 5pm on Friday 11th November. Please see Application Pack attached below.